I used an ivory Jet-Set knit from Jo-Ann Fabrics to line the skirt. It is lightweight and has a similar stretch as the floral jersey. But if it stretches too much it starts to run, sort of like pantyhose. So I used an interlock knit from Jo-Ann Fabrics for the neckline bias tape. I didn't want to do a visible binding with the floral fabric because I just wasn't feeling it. And when I pinned a narrow hem around the neckline it pulled the dress too tight. And I will take any excuse to use bias tape because I love it.
Total Cost: $16.12
- Fabric: $11
- Skirt Lining: $4.49
- Neckline Bias Tape: 63 cents
I bought a long sleeve t-shirt from Old Navy (for like $2 - I love Old Navy) because their t-shirts fit me the best. I took it apart and used it as the basis for the bodice of this dress. The skirt took some more work. I made many a muslin. Half circle skirts cut on different grainlines, full circle skirts, three-quarter circle skirts...But they didn't look right. So I traced the skirt off of a dress I got from Express and used that. Pretty sure it's just an A-line skirt and I was over thinking the whole thing.
I'm very happy with this dress. It fits great and will be a colorful addition to my winter wardrobe.